An Unending Curiosity ____
At HTC, we go where others haven’t thought to. Breaking down barriers and creating industry firsts is a large part of our history, which is why HTC has become synonymous with innovation, engineering breakthroughs, and designing the future of human communications as we continue to expand into uncharted product territories.
An Unyielding Resilience ____
Strong character is at our core. Award-winning vision requires taking risks and challenging convention. From the very beginning, resilience has been at the heart of our creative spirit. To this day, we stay committed to our pursuit, believing that the greatest ideas transcend temporary recognition: they influence behavior, shape lives, and inspire new thinking.
A Refined Approach ____
We hold our ideas and our products to a higher set of standards. That is why we design for performance over popularity – and our partners have taken notice. Other industry leaders come to us because they understand that we create great products with an eye for design and mind for engineering that’s celebrated by the industry and customers alike.
A Real Impact ____
It is our belief that technology’s purpose has always been to bring humanity together to overcome and conquer difficult challenges. That is why we always design our technology to generate a real impact – to serve a greater, human purpose that every single human being can benefit from.
A Greater Purpose ____
HTC takes a broader approach to serving society and making life better. We believe that we can make more of a difference looking beyond the obvious, reaching out to people and enabling them to make a difference, and in improving the way we do things.
In early 2014, we launched HTC Power To Give™. By combining all of the computing power at the fingertips of smartphone users and connecting them to international research projects and institutes, Power To Give™ creates one of the world’s largest supercomputers to advance research on ecological and environmental issues, and to help find cures for diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s.
Our strengths in design are not limited to creating great looking hardware. Our standards extend to our manufacturing processes, as well. That’s why our factories are among the most environmentally responsible in the world, and why our offices have earned global acclaim, setting the gold standard in energy efficiency.
We have also expanded our environmental initiatives to shape the entire customer experience. Our product packaging is 100% biodegradable, and the HTC One (M7) was the first smartphone in the world built to international specifications of complete carbon footprint and lifecycle assessments. That’s an industry first we’re proud of.
At HTC, we do all of these things in the knowledge that we’re always creating for the future. To that end, we realize that bringing the future to life ultimately rests in the hands of our youth. Through the HTC Foundation and our Summer Family Camp we provide humanitarian and social support to those most in need while also assisting in the teaching and development of a strong sense of character and social values in youth. We believe that the future is for everyone, which is why we strive to ensure that every child has the opportunity to be part of the next generation of leaders and visionaries.
Future Pursuits ____
This evolutionary path is a piece of the much larger journey we aim to take in the future. As we expand into new categories with the Re camera and other upcoming products, it is important to remember what brought us to where we are now, and why we do the work we do. From our people to our products and our social and environmental initiatives, the Pursuit of Brilliance represents the guiding philosophy that has shaped and will continue to shape HTC as a global organization.
Accolades and Achievements ____
Our curiosity has paid off, with our products winning countless prestigious industry and media awards, including:
- ‘Best Smartphone’ for the HTC One – GSMA Global Mobile Awards
- ‘Gold Product Design’ for the HTC One (M7) – iF Design Award
- ‘Phone of the Year’ for HTC One (M8) – T3 Gadget Awards 2014
- ‘World’s Best Phone’ for the HTC One (M8) ‘ – TechRadar
- ‘Best Phone on the Market’ for the HTC One (M8) – Business Insider
- ‘Best European Advanced Smartphone’ – European Imaging and Sound Association
- ‘Best Android Phone’ for the HTC One (M8) – T3
- ‘Best Windows Phone’ for the HTC One (M8) for Windows – Laptop Magazine
- ‘Gold Medal in Design and Innovation’ for the HTC Dot View phone case – Computex d&i
- ‘Best Phone’ for the HTC Desire 816 – TechRadar MWC Awards
- ‘Editor’s Choice’ for the HTC Desire 816 – PC Mag
- ‘Best in Show’ for the HTC Desire 816 – Know Your Mobile MWC Awards
- ‘Gold Product Award’ for the HTC Re camera – Spark Award
- ‘The Best Phone in the World’ for the HTC One – MSN UK
- ‘#1 Most Innovative Smartphone of 2013’ for the HTC One – Business Inside
- ‘Hottest Phone of 2013’ for the HTC One – Mobile Industry Awards
- ‘Phone of the Year’, ‘Gadget of the Year’ and ‘Design Award’ – T3 Gadget Awards
- ‘Best in Show at MWC’ for the HTC One – TechRadar
- ‘Best of Mobile World Congress 2013’ for the HTC One – Mobile Geeks
- ‘Best New Mobile Device at MWC’ – GSMA Global Mobile Awards
- Pro Experience Design’ for HTC Zoe & Video Highlights – Spark Awards
- ‘Readers’ Choice: Best Smartphone of 2013’ for the HTC One – Android And Me
- ‘People’s Choice, First Place’ for 39 consecutive weeks, for the HTC One – PhoneDog Media
- ‘Editor’s Choice’ for the HTC One – AnandTech, Hot Hardware, TechnoBuffalo, Mashable, Gotta Be Mobile, and many more
- ‘Smartphone of the Year’ for the HTC One – Mobile Choice Awards; Trusted Reviews; Pocket-Lint; MSN Tech Awards; Corriere.it; Mobility Magazine, and many more.