In the past two decades plus, Deaf Reach has grown from one small classroom of deaf students with dreams to a full-fledged program with national impact.
As we begin our new fiscal year, I would like to personally thank you for your continued support and encouragement in making this program a huge success.Let’s celebrate the many milestones Deaf Reach has achieved this year thanks to your partnership!
- Pakistan Sign Language Learning Resources announced as winner of the prestigious Wise Award 2018, with ceremony in New York City on Sept 22nd 2018.
- Two 16 yr. old Deaf Reach students given a 5 year fully paid scholarship to the American School for the Deaf, Hartford, CT, USA.
- Custom-built new campus launched in Sukkur in partnership with Sindh TEVTA and USAID set to welcome 350+ deaf students in August
- 1,000 PSL Learning Units (a self-contained off-line repository of digital learning resources) distributed to over 250 schools/centers working with deaf children across Pakistan – reaching upwards of 20,000 students and teachers.
- Rabia Bibi, a 24 yr. old Deaf Reach College student, chosen as country representative to Global Disability Summit in London, July 24th 2018.
- PCP Certification awarded to FESF with an outstanding score of 87%.
We are honored to share this journey with you and make education a reality for Deaf children across Pakistan.