Trump Targets Iran Economy With New ‘Crushing’ US Campaign

Donald Trump announces new economic measures targeting the Iran economy amid the ongoing US-Iran conflict

Donald Trump announces a sweeping new US economic pressure campaign against the Iran economy as tensions remain high.

WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump has announced a major new campaign aimed at isolating the Iran economy, warning countries that help Tehran could face what he described as “tremendous” economic consequences.

Trump made the announcement on Wednesday as the conflict approaches its sixth month. The Strait of Hormuz also remains heavily disrupted, putting further pressure on regional trade and energy shipments.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump described the campaign as an unprecedented form of economic warfare. He warned financial institutions, companies, airports and government entities against providing support to Iran.

Trump targets Iran economy and financial lifelines

The US president said Washington would target several activities linked to the Iran economy and its international trade.

These include oil smuggling, cash transfers, currency exchange networks, ship registries and front companies.

Trump did not specify the penalties that countries could face. He also did not name any country other than Iran in his announcement.

The latest measures build on the US Treasury’s existing sanctions campaign, known as Operation Economic Fury. Washington has used the programme to target Iran’s sources of revenue.

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent previously said the US planned an economic isolation campaign on an unprecedented scale. He linked the strategy to broader US efforts to restrict Iran’s access to international markets.

Iran rejects US economic pressure

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi rejected the new campaign and warned that Washington’s approach would fail.

Araghchi described the US economic pressure as a diversion from America’s own economic difficulties. He also argued that further sanctions would increase hostility toward Iran.

The Iranian government has maintained a defiant position during the conflict. Tehran has continued to respond to US and Israeli military operations with missile and drone attacks.

Rashid Minhas Remembered 55 Years After Supreme Sacrifice for Pakistan

Strait of Hormuz remains under pressure

The conflict has also disrupted shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most important energy routes.

Trump said US military operations had helped some vessels pass through the waterway. However, shipping remains significantly below pre-war levels.

Reports have suggested that US forces have assisted dozens of vessels travelling through the strait in recent weeks.

The situation has raised concerns about global energy supplies and the wider economic impact of the conflict.

Regional tensions continue to grow

The United States has urged its allies to support efforts to isolate Iran.

The United Arab Emirates recently suspended economic dealings with Iran after reporting attacks involving ballistic missiles.

The development adds another layer of tension between Iran and Gulf states as the conflict continues.

Trump has also maintained pressure over the Strait of Hormuz. His latest statements suggest Washington intends to combine military pressure with a much broader economic campaign.

With no clear diplomatic or military resolution in sight, the new Iran economy strategy could further increase pressure on Tehran while creating wider risks for international trade and energy markets.

Follow THE AZB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Please solve:Captcha


Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com