ADVERTISEMENT
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
The AZB More Than Just News
  • HOME
  • Latest News
  • Business
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • E-Paper
  • SCI-TECH
  • BANKING
  • ARTICLES
  • OPINION
  • MORE
    • MOBILE
    • TELECOM
    • PERSONALITY
    • HEALTH / EDUCATION
  • HOME
  • Latest News
  • Business
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • E-Paper
  • SCI-TECH
  • BANKING
  • ARTICLES
  • OPINION
  • MORE
    • MOBILE
    • TELECOM
    • PERSONALITY
    • HEALTH / EDUCATION
No Result
View All Result
Daily The Azb
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Sindh Senior Minister and Provincial Minister for Information, Transport and Mass Transit Sharjeel Inam Memon

said that an important meeting of the Sindh Cabinet was held, which was the first meeting after the Gul Plaza incident. At the start of the meeting, Fateha was offered for the martyrs, and prayers were offered for the elevation of their ranks and for patience for the bereaved families.

Syed Turab Shah by Syed Turab Shah
January 27, 2026
Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon paid tribute to poet Allama Muhammad Iqbal on his 147th birth anniversary.
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Karachi , January 27, 2026 : Sindh Senior Minister and Provincial Minister for Information, Transport and Mass Transit Sharjeel Inam Memon said that an important meeting of the Sindh Cabinet was held, which was the first meeting after the Gul Plaza incident. At the start of the meeting, Fateha was offered for the martyrs, and prayers were offered for the elevation of their ranks and for patience for the bereaved families. He said the cabinet approved the steps taken by the Sindh government after the incident, including decisions related to compensation for losses.
Speaking to the media at the Sindh Assembly Media Corner, Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon said that no life has a price and no compensation can bring back a life. However, the Sindh government has announced assistance of Rs 10 million for each family of the deceased. He said approval has also been given to provide Rs 500,000 and an alternative place to affected shopkeepers so they can immediately restart their businesses. The estimated financial losses were also discussed. He said the Sindh government has stood with traders from day one, as it did with the victims of the Bolton Market and Timber Market incidents in the past.
He said the cabinet has formed a five-member committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister of Sindh. The committee includes the Senior Minister, the Minister for Law, the Provincial Minister for Local Government, and the Minister for Labour and Manpower. It will take decisions and actions in light of the investigation report. He said this was a huge incident, and the martyrs will always be remembered. The Chief Minister of Sindh is holding continuous meetings following the incident, and steps are being taken on a daily basis.
Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon said that along with fire audits, an effective mechanism is being developed to review fire prevention measures in buildings. Committees comprising officials from the Building Control Authority, fire auditors, and assistant commissioners will inspect buildings across the province. He clarified that the government is not harming anyone but is working to protect the lives and property of traders. He said the incident serves as a warning not only for Karachi or Sindh but for the entire country, especially old cities where such safety systems are lacking.
Rejecting reports circulating about MQM, Sharjeel Inam Memon said it was merely a rumor that the security of MQM leaders had been withdrawn. He said the Interior Minister has clearly stated that no one’s security has been withdrawn. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui and Mustafa Kamal are currently in Islamabad and have been provided full security. He added that those who are entitled are being provided security, and if anyone requires additional security, they may apply to the government, which is ready to provide it.
He said negative politics began immediately after the Gul Plaza incident, even when people were still waiting for the bodies of their loved ones. Some elements, he said, want to exploit the incident for political gain. He added that these are the same people who ran away from the local body elections because they were aware of their fate.
Sharjeel Inam Memon said that checks are being delivered to the homes of the martyrs of the Gul Plaza incident, and provincial ministers themselves will quietly visit the families to provide assistance. He reiterated that life has no price.
In response to a question, he said the Sindh government is conducting a thorough investigation into the Gul Plaza incident at the highest level, and if further investigation is required, the formation of a judicial commission will not be avoided.
Responding to a question about a controversial statement made by a TV anchor regarding Karachi, he said he would appeal to the management of the relevant TV channel to conduct an official inquiry against the anchor. He said Sindh is the province that created Pakistan, and the assembly where they were speaking was the same Sindh Assembly that passed the resolution for the creation of Pakistan.
In response to another question, Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon said that Hafiz Naeem and his party have always engaged in negative politics, and their statements should be ignored.
Answering another question, he said protest is everyone’s democratic right, but if undemocratic methods are adopted, strikes are enforced, or attempts are made to burn shops, the government will take strict action to protect citizens.
In response to another question, he said that after the Gul Plaza incident, the government called a forensic team from Lahore, which clearly reflects its intentions. If necessary, experts will also be called from abroad. He added that no government official has declared himself innocent.
In response to a question regarding the Governor of Sindh, he said that the Governor is a respectable individual and everyone has the right to express their opinion.
Responding to another question, he said that transfers are a normal process, and if a department carries them out at its discretion, it is within its authority.

Advertisements
Syed Turab Shah

Syed Turab Shah

Related Posts

Suriname’s Foreign Minister to Address Caribbean Energy Week (CEW 2026) as Offshore Oil Projects Advance
Business

Suriname’s Foreign Minister to Address Caribbean Energy Week (CEW 2026) as Offshore Oil Projects Advance

February 16, 2026
Africa’s Energy Future Cannot Be Built on Exclusion
Business

Africa’s Energy Future Cannot Be Built on Exclusion

February 16, 2026
SBP Launches “Cyber Shield” to Protect the Banking System and Customers
BANKING

SBP Launches “Cyber Shield” to Protect the Banking System and Customers

February 16, 2026
Residents of Bhittai Colony Congratulate PPP Leader A.D. Chandio on Being Elected Vice Chairman of Korangi Creek Cantonment Board
Headline

Residents of Bhittai Colony Congratulate PPP Leader A.D. Chandio on Being Elected Vice Chairman of Korangi Creek Cantonment Board

February 16, 2026
11th MCAP-BNU International Media Conference Highlights Media Literacy, Regional Collaboration
Business

11th MCAP-BNU International Media Conference Highlights Media Literacy, Regional Collaboration

February 16, 2026
VEON and Nutshell Group Partner for “THE GLOBAL CONNECT”
Business

VEON and Nutshell Group Partner for “THE GLOBAL CONNECT”

February 16, 2026
YouTuber burns down $1 million studio over failure to gain followers.
Headline

YouTuber burns down $1 million studio over failure to gain followers.

February 16, 2026
President FPCCI Hails Reduction in Sindh Infrastructure Cess (IDC)
Business

President FPCCI Hails Reduction in Sindh Infrastructure Cess (IDC)

February 16, 2026
DIG Karachi Region (Prison) Aslam Malik held a meeting with SSP Central Jail Karachi Ghulam Murtaza Sheikh,
ARTICLES

DIG Karachi Region (Prison) Aslam Malik held a meeting with SSP Central Jail Karachi Ghulam Murtaza Sheikh,

February 16, 2026
PRCS Media Engagement Session Highlights Humanitarian Response in Bajaur
ARTICLES

PRCS Media Engagement Session Highlights Humanitarian Response in Bajaur

February 16, 2026
Next Post
Kaukab Iqbal, Chairman of the Consumers Association of Pakistan (CAP), was warmly welcomed upon his return after performing Umrah.

Kaukab Iqbal, Chairman of the Consumers Association of Pakistan (CAP), was warmly welcomed upon his return after performing Umrah.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Most Popular

NAASAA aims to promote Pakistani talent worldwide.

Who invented paper? Ancient China and the history of paper

PEMRA review the Gala biscuit Ad following complaints

Song “Tanha Akeli Hoon,” filmed on Saba Qamar, gains popularity in the voice of Saira Peter

vivo X300 Pro is Now Available in Pakistan; The Flagship That Redefines Professional Imaging

Must Read

 The Honourable Mayor Mr Murtaza Wahab was invited at Movenpick Hotel Karachi
Business

 The Honourable Mayor Mr Murtaza Wahab was invited at Movenpick Hotel Karachi

March 6, 2025
Beach Luxury Seafood Festival
Headline

Beach Luxury Seafood Festival Kick off

October 16, 2020
The Azb is a 24/7 online news platform that covers a wide range of topics including business, economics, technology, finance, travel, fashion, and lifestyle.

Quick Links

  • Home
  • About us
  • SCI-TECH
  • Live TV
  • Banking

Useful Links

  • Videos
  • Reviews
  • Advertorial
  • Photos
  • About us
  • Author
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Partner
  • Privacy Policy
  • Russian Theatre Group Celebrates Fifth Anniversary in Pakistan.
  • Terms and Conditions
  • The Azb – More Than Just News
  • Contact

© Copyright 2024 theazb. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Latest News
  • Business
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • E-Paper
  • SCI-TECH
  • BANKING
  • ARTICLES
  • OPINION
  • MORE
    • MOBILE
    • TELECOM
    • PERSONALITY
    • HEALTH / EDUCATION

© Copyright 2024 theazb. All Rights Reserved.