Pakistan, Seven Muslim States Reject Israel’s E1 Settlement Plan
Foreign ministers warn that settlement expansion threatens Palestinian statehood and regional stability

Pakistan and seven Muslim states condemn Israel’s E1 settlement plan in the occupied Palestinian territory.
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and seven other Muslim countries have strongly condemned Israel’s continued settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian territory, rejecting the controversial E1 settlement plan east of occupied East Jerusalem.
Foreign ministers from Pakistan, Egypt, Türkiye, Indonesia, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates issued the joint statement on Friday. They described Israel’s settlement policies as violations of international law and relevant United Nations resolutions.
The ministers also condemned violence by Israeli settlers against Palestinians and their property. They said such actions threaten regional and international peace.
Muslim states warn over E1 plan
The foreign ministers said the E1 plan could further expand Israeli settlements and advance annexation. They warned that the project could disrupt the territorial connection between the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Riyadh Air’s Sfeer Nears 1 Million Members With 1.5 Million Points Giveaway
According to the statement, this could undermine efforts to establish an independent Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
The ministers called the plan a serious escalation. They also urged Israel to immediately halt the project and withdraw measures linked to its implementation.
Call for international action
The eight countries urged the United Nations Security Council and other international actors to take urgent action against settlement expansion.
They also backed accountability measures, including sanctions against individuals and entities involved in illegal settlement activities.
The ministers called for an end to financial and other forms of support that contribute to the establishment or expansion of settlements.
They stressed that continued lack of accountability could encourage further violations and damage prospects for a lasting peace.
Two-state solution reaffirmed
The foreign ministers reaffirmed their support for a two-state solution based on international law and relevant UN resolutions.
They said the solution remains the only viable path toward a just and lasting peace. They warned that attempts to undermine Palestinian statehood could further increase tensions across the region.
The ministers also called for the protection of Palestinian rights, including the right to self-determination.
The statement follows another joint declaration issued earlier this month. Pakistan and the same seven Muslim states had condemned Israel’s rejection of a proposed roadmap linked to US President Donald Trump’s plan to end the Gaza conflict.
