Poland is one of the countries rapidly escalating its worth and popularity in higher education system among students all around the world. Poland is an amazing country with a diverse and rich culture. In addition, it is a developed country and there is no lack of opportunities. Every year hundreds of students go there to acquire higher education with a lifetime of experience, knowledge and understanding of the world.
Poland is everything a student can ever wish for its study abroad destination to be with all facilities and opportunities that United States of United Kingdom offer. Here is an article I wrote on Why Study in Poland with all the advantages and reasons. Poland is a very popular study abroad destination due to its universities that are esteemed worldwide. There are many universities in Poland that are ranked among the best of the world. Here is another one of my work on Top Universities of Poland . In case you are confused whether to study in Poland or not, you will have cleared your doubts after reading these articles. Studying in Poland is a very good idea that you won’t regret.
In this article you will find all the details about student visa process for Poland. Remember that before you apply for visa, you first need to apply to a university in that country. You should have prepared all documents required by the university including your academic and IELTS or TOEFL certificates (if asked for). Once you get admission in your selected university they will send you proper documents that you will use to get student visa. After you get the documents from your university then comes the following steps. Read this article and you will have complete understanding of what you need to do in a step by step approach.
There are many categories of visa for Poland. Each visa has its own purpose and requirements. You should know all the possible ways of getting into Poland and what ways you are going to take. Poland offers visa for following categories:
- Tourist Schengen Visa
- Visa for Business Purposes
- Visa for Medical Purposes
- Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes.
- Visa for Members of Official Delegations
- Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes
- Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Polish citizen
- Airport Transit Visa
- Visa for Under-Age Children
- National D-type visa
All of these 10 categories of visa have their special purposes just like their title manifest. As you must have guessed that visa of our need is 6th in the list to study in Poland. Once you know what you need then we start with its proper procedure. Every visa has its own conditions and requirements but we will discuss the requirements and procedure of only Study Visa. In addition, visas are categorized in 3 more ways to choose from.
‘A’ Type: It is just airport transit visa for those who are just passing by Poland and can’t be used as student visa.
‘C’ Type: It is a short term visa that allows its holder to stay for up to 90 days in 180 days period.
‘D’ Type: It is a long term national visa that allows you to stay for up to one year. If you need to prolong your stay to complete your study period, you can renew or extend your visa.
Education requirement is compulsory in order to apply for any university. Your education requirement depends on the level of education you are applying and the university you are applying for. If you are applying for an undergraduate program then you must have passed your Intermediate level of education that are 12 classes in Pakistan.
If you are applying for postgraduate programs then depending on the level whether it is MPhil or PhD, requirements change. In addition, every university has its own merit and may ask for specifications like passing certain test or having a minimum limit of percentage or GPA.
Visa Requirements & Documents:
Student visa of Poland has its own certain requirement that are easy, normal and basic just like any other country. Following are a few things that you must have prepared when you are going to apply for visa in Polish embassy or consulate in your country.
- A signed and complete filled Visa Application of Poland for students. Click the link to download Visa Application Form.
- Valid passport that must be valid for at least three months after you plan to leave Poland.
- Photocopy of National ID card.
- Official letter from the university or college in Poland where get admission.
- A brief CV or resume
- Your all previous certificates and diplomas. It includes your Matric, Intermediate, Graduation (in case of MPhil students) certificates and other accredited courses.
- Letter from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) affirming that you are eligible to study at any University
- Proof that you have proficiency in the language in which you wish to study. You don’t necessarily have to be good in Polish that is official language of Poland. If you are going to study in English-Taught program then you may need IELTS or TOEFL certifications.
- Proof that you are financially strong enough to bear your educational and living expenses in Poland and won’t be a burden to their government. You may to need to render a Bank clearance showing you have a few hundred thousand in your account for last 6 months.
- Health insurance certificate that is accepted in Europe.
- Two passport-sized photo. Here read photo requirements and specifications for a Polish Visa.
- Visa Application Fee
- Proof of Accommodation in Poland. Student hall of residence in university also work in student case.