ADVERTISEMENT
Sunday, February 22, 2026
No Result
View All Result
The AZB More Than Just News
  • HOME
  • Latest News
  • Business
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • E-Paper
  • SCI-TECH
  • BANKING
  • ARTICLES
  • OPINION
  • MORE
    • MOBILE
    • TELECOM
    • PERSONALITY
    • HEALTH / EDUCATION
  • HOME
  • Latest News
  • Business
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • E-Paper
  • SCI-TECH
  • BANKING
  • ARTICLES
  • OPINION
  • MORE
    • MOBILE
    • TELECOM
    • PERSONALITY
    • HEALTH / EDUCATION
No Result
View All Result
Daily The Azb
No Result
View All Result
Home TELECOM

Huawei Launched Media Campaign as UK Amid at 5G Security Review

News Desk by News Desk
June 9, 2020
Huawei Launched Media Campaign as UK Amid at 5G Security Review
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ISLAMABAD – It comes amid a new security review that could lead the UK government to ban use of Huawei ‘s 5G network kit. The Chinese telecoms company says it is “as committed as ever” to provide “the best equipment” to the UK’s 5G mobile and full-fibre broadband providers. Huawei’s local boss said they expects the UK to act in the nation’s interests.

The initiative follows a report in Saturday’s Daily Telegraph, which said London-headquartered bank HSBC fears it could face reprisals in China, if the UK acts against Huawei. The Sunday Times also reported that China’s ambassador to the UK had recently told business leaders that Beijing viewed the matter as “a litmus test of whether Britain is a true and faithful partner”.

Advertisements

Victor Zhang, vice president of Huawei and head of its UK operations, told the BBC the advertising campaign was about giving people the facts amid all the “noise” surrounding the company.

He said he hoped the UK would take an “evidence and fact-based approach” and warned of huge economic impact if greater connectivity was delayed by the company’s exclusion, potentially running into the tens of billions of pounds of lost productivity benefits.

“We need to work closely to address the issue, but we need to take action to accelerate the broadband deployment,” he said. “We don’t have time to delay this.

Huawei’s first significant global breakthrough came in the UK in 2005, when it signed a deal to upgrade BT’s copper broadband service, five years after having entered the market.

And 15 years later, the UK government’s decision to allow Huawei a role in the country’s 5G mobile networks represented another crucial victory. In January, ministers announced that Huawei’s market share would be capped at 35%, and it would be excluded from sensitive locations, as well as the so-called “core” of the network, which is likened to the brains of the system. It appeared that the Chinese tech giant had avoided the outright ban that the US had been pressing for, on the grounds that the firm poses a national security risk. But a backbench rebellion by Conservative MPs in March and then the coronavirus crisis have heightened political pressure for the UK to be less dependent on China.

In May, the US placed significant new sanctions on the company, which limits its access to American computer chip technology.”We think this decision will heavily impact on the global supply chain of the semiconductor industry,” Mr Zhang told the BBC. “We need to work out a solution.” Mr Zhang said that it was still too early for the company to draw any conclusion about the impact, and promised to share details of its own review when complete.

However, the sanctions prompted the UK’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) to carry out its own review. NCSC is expected to report in the coming weeks, and may say it has lost confidence it can manage the risks associated with Huawei being involved in 5G. That could open the way for the government to shift its position to further reducing, or even eventually eliminating Huawei’s role. That could be costly to mobile operators, leading to higher bills for customers. It could also mean their rollout of 5G in the UK is slower.

The advertising campaign also highlights Huawei’s support of British universities and other institutions, which might also be affected, were the company to be blocked.

“We believe the UK will definitely review this based on the facts and the evidence, because the UK will take its own interests very seriously,” Mr Zhang said. The founder of Huawei, Ren Zhengfei was reported by the Wall Street Journal on Saturday to have told staff in 2018 that the company was in a battle with the US and they should “surge forward, killing as you go, to blaze us a trail of blood. We are very vulnerable and we know America tried to attack Huawei with so called security reasons which are actually totally wrong,” he said. “It is simply because of trade and protectionism.”

Advertisements
Tags: 5G Security
News Desk

News Desk

Welcome to our web desk! We're a dedicated team of digital enthusiasts passionate about delivering timely and engaging content to our online audience.

Related Posts

Zong Partners with MOITT for Indus AI Week 2026 to Accelerate National AI Adoption
Business

Zong Partners with MOITT for Indus AI Week 2026 to Accelerate National AI Adoption

February 9, 2026
JazzWorld and UBL Execute Pakistan’s Largest PKR 75 Billion Interest Rate Swap Transaction
BANKING

JazzWorld and UBL Execute Pakistan’s Largest PKR 75 Billion Interest Rate Swap Transaction

January 19, 2026
Zong Signs Partnership with ZTE and Siccotel to Accelerate 5G Adoption in Pakistan
Business

Zong Signs Partnership with ZTE and Siccotel to Accelerate 5G Adoption in Pakistan

January 16, 2026
Zong and NADRA Partner to Advance Pakistan’s Digital  Transformation
Business

Zong and NADRA Partner to Advance Pakistan’s Digital Transformation

January 5, 2026
ZONG 4G INAUGURATES ITS NEW STATE-OF-THE-ART CLOUDINTELLIGENT COMPUTING CENTER IN ISLAMABAD
Business

ZONG 4G INAUGURATES ITS NEW STATE-OF-THE-ART CLOUDINTELLIGENT COMPUTING CENTER IN ISLAMABAD

December 10, 2025
Ufone Customers Can Now Enjoy Exclusive English Premier League Streaming Offers Through MyCO
Business

Ufone Customers Can Now Enjoy Exclusive English Premier League Streaming Offers Through MyCO

December 10, 2025
Zong Launches Ding, a New Digital Entertainment and Rewards Platform
Business

Zong Launches Ding, a New Digital Entertainment and Rewards Platform

November 27, 2025
Mobilink Bank and IMARAT Group partner to accelerate housing finance in Pakistan
Business

Mobilink Bank and IMARAT Group partner to accelerate housing finance in Pakistan

November 26, 2025
Mobilink Bank to Pioneer Digital Islamic Banking in the Microfinance Sector
Business

Mobilink Bank to Pioneer Digital Islamic Banking in the Microfinance Sector

November 21, 2025
Zong 4G Powers Pakistan’s Biggest PUBGM  Tournament – Manhunt II
Business

Zong 4G Powers Pakistan’s Biggest PUBGM Tournament – Manhunt II

November 17, 2025
Next Post
Indian Army initiates unprovoked ceasefire violation along LoC

Indian Army initiates unprovoked ceasefire violation along LoC

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Most Popular

NAASAA aims to promote Pakistani talent worldwide.

Industrialist Danial Baweja hosted dinner in the honor of visiting delegation of Swiss Global Enterprises, Switzerland.

Who invented paper? Ancient China and the history of paper

PEMRA review the Gala biscuit Ad following complaints

Song “Tanha Akeli Hoon,” filmed on Saba Qamar, gains popularity in the voice of Saira Peter

Must Read

Shah Mahmood Qureshi
Headline

Pakistan reiterates its readiness to enhance cooperation among SAARC member countries with particular focus on COVID-19

June 21, 2020
election campaign
Headline

BMP in deep waters before kicking off election campaign.

October 24, 2020
The Azb is a 24/7 online news platform that covers a wide range of topics including business, economics, technology, finance, travel, fashion, and lifestyle.

Quick Links

  • Home
  • About us
  • SCI-TECH
  • Live TV
  • Banking

Useful Links

  • Videos
  • Reviews
  • Advertorial
  • Photos
  • About us
  • Author
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Partner
  • Privacy Policy
  • Russian Theatre Group Celebrates Fifth Anniversary in Pakistan.
  • Terms and Conditions
  • The Azb – More Than Just News
  • Contact

© Copyright 2024 theazb. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • Latest News
  • Business
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • WORLD
  • E-Paper
  • SCI-TECH
  • BANKING
  • ARTICLES
  • OPINION
  • MORE
    • MOBILE
    • TELECOM
    • PERSONALITY
    • HEALTH / EDUCATION

© Copyright 2024 theazb. All Rights Reserved.